Feed

20 December 2008

The God in Mother



It was a summer afternoon, I remember. After finishing my labs while I was moving for lunch, I got this terrible news from my cousin. My grandmother was dead. A chill passed through my nerves and I surrendered myself to an instantaneous mental stupor. As time passed by, the scenes of my granny around kept flashing through my head. Some made me remember of the curses she showered on us, some made me smile. Like an instinct, the panorama of her life with us kept searing my emotions. That was when I recognized the dedications and the offerings she made in the life of her children and grandchildren.

After this realization of the wonderful world she has left behind for us to thrive, I could only give one thing as reverence to her: Mother, a poem...about the institution of love. This one is dedicated to my lovely grand mother

Making me hold your finger
You taught me tread the paths, to linger.


Ostracizing me from the evils,
You showed the true avenue to live, to shun perils.



Thumping the fierceness of adolescence
We conferred moments with glee like best friends.


Henceforth you stood beside
Like a shadow to aid me withstand every tide.



Embracing every dilemma enroute
You sipped every drop of poison; to see me smile, content.


Reverence is what I will always owe you
With the oath of being the one you wished me to.

Love you mom…!!!

1 comments:

beautiful piece of narration for a beautiful lady

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More