Feed

25 September 2009

The Knight and the Letter

The Knight and the Letter


That last glance

Of love, of life

Of bravery, of sacrifice

Etched upon the stone

Beside the pond

Safe in the night's womb

Reflecting the shiny moon

Coloured in Red.


Many battles won,

Equally lost

Still they are played

Again and again

But who pays the cost???


She stood still in the Red pond

As I saw hiding behind the Red bushes

That beautiful maiden,

With dried eyes and an opaque stare.


I stepped forward to see what she cared

But only could see the statued wonder

That stared, stared and stared.

Into the Stone that parked there.


Moments played their game

And there was no her, no stare

Only me and the pond and the stone

And a call, deep far and filled with despair.


I followed the call as it showed the path

I know not if all was an illusion

Or a surreal or just the mirror of war

But still pulled me into it deep and far.


It was the darkest of nights

And bloodiest of battles

Many heads and arms freed

Many dearest ones killed.


Then I saw a knight, a horse under it as light

Alone they stood at the middle

Holding a sword bathed millions blood

Still bravery and kindness in those eyes lit.


The war was over, the knight had won

But the knight had lost as the night had won.

They traveled thousand mile in search of death

At last reached a place that seemed familiar.


As he put forth his magnificent armour

The truth revealed and I could not mend my stare.

The splinter of a broken sword had pierced his heart

It was my king and I was in grief and with tears of fire.


He walked to the stone beside the lake as I saw

And dipped his finger into his wound

I could not see what he wrote on the stone

I, helpless could not do anything but moan.


The sight faded and the call stopped

I had strode far from where I hid

Now I stood face to face with the same stone

That recited a letter for the queen.


My Love,


I always wanted to be a father

But never could I become

I always wanted to be a good husband

But never could I become

Save me from this regret for I want heaven

As I relinquish this life to meet you in the next

My promise lives on, engraved on this stone

We will meet again to complete our incomplete love.


But before we meet I want you to live this life

For me, and for those whom I ever loved

And rule my kingdom to bless it my presence

And at last come to me, cause I can wait no more.


But before you come, make the one the king

Who visits you after me, as I know he will come to see

For he loved me the most, he is my son

That you don't know, and it's my last wish that you know.


Waiting... waiting... waiting...


Your Love.


I wept with cascades in my petite eyes

As an enchanting voice called me from behind

Compelled to turn, I turned slowly

She was the queen, and her eyes meet mine.


Her dried eyes now welled with tears

And affection never seen

She asked my age and it was thirteen.

She said, “You are the king.”

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More